2.4.20 firewire support

On Monday 19 May 2003 20:35, Juan Manuel García Molina wrote:
> > > You can try this patch:
> > >

> > > [1] http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/

I have compiled with this patch the 2.4.20 for my fx802 upgrading from
2.4.18bf24. After upgrading my system does not recognise the firewire
anymore. If I type modprobe raw1394 it says it cannot load the module. I
cannot see anything directly related to the firewire support in the 2.4.20
configuration menu. Regarding PCMC IA I have selected the Cardbus driver
(yenta_socket) and compiled pcmcia user tool stuff (cardctl etc.)  with
32-bit support and everything but firewire seems to work. Do I need to
configure the CardBus driver as a module ? (It is built into the kernel).
--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.