Re: network hopping tricks: an unsolicited plug for ifupdown-roaming

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 09:58, David Goodenough wrote:
> I am not at all sure I understand what you mean that whereami
> and ifupdown are incompatible.  I use them both on my machine
> all the time.

ifupdown assumes that it is in charge of configuring
interfaces.  If someone else adjusts interface settings
then ifupdown gets confused.  Whereami does so: it
adjusts interface settings to do its probing but does
not restore the settings afterward.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood0@yahoo.co.uk>