Re: port 80 access while downloading over ppp ?

On Thursday 10 July 2003 15:12, mi wrote:
> But how can it get access to a ppp connection ? Should i send a note to my
> isp ?

Well, when you get connected to your isp via ppp, you are using, I suppose, a
dynamic address wich belongs to the range your ISP owns. So you get a real IP
address when connected. If anyhow that address is chosen by the worm, it is
certanly random or, at least, because the previous computer that used that
address connected to the infected one or whatever.
Not something you should tell your ISP AFAIK, they should be getting tons of
those access.
Anyhow if anyone have a better explanation than mine (I'm not as experienced
on this topic as I would like) I'm glad to hear, although this is getting
some off-topic on this list.

--
 Jesús Roncero Franco   |   running debian linux
 Sevilla - Spain        |      gpg-key available