Linksys WPC11 again

Hi all,

I've seen some messages about the Linksys WPC11 wireless pcmcia NIC, wether
to use the prims2_cs driver or the orinoco_cs driver...

I've got such a card too, and am trying to get it running... with or without
WEP, currently without, being I cannot get it to work...
I've read the wlan howto, read the docs in wireless-tools, but I am stuck...

The card is its pcmcia bay, and the link led is lit...
cardctl ident lists the card being in socket 0 (manfid: 0x0274, 0x1612,
function: 6)

I can load the orinoco_cs driver (no errors), but that doesn't get me a wlan0
interface)... in socket 1 there is a working ethernet card on eth0.

/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart  didn't get me the driver, I think... a bit
difficult to remember... I've been trying a number of configuration things I
read, but configuration files might be contradiction now...

Question: how can I get my card to work?
Specifically: how can I get my wlan0 interface? Is there a way to overwrite
all config files that I might have changed, which I shouldn't have... Which
config files need to be changed for a Debian system anyway?

here is some versioning:

wireless-tools            25-3
kernel-image-...        2.4.20-7
kernel-pcmcia-...       2.4.20-7