Re: exim on laptops: smarthost on demand

Hi,

	I use to use the ifupdown-roaming package. With this package the machine
automagically detect the right network and may run custom commands. So, to
solve your problem is only a matter of putting a little script on the "up /
down" network interface section.

	You can have two exim configuration files, let´s say, exim.conf-home and
exim.conf-other. On the "up" interface command you choose the right one, link
it to exim.conf, and restart exim.

	ah... of course... you can hack /etc/init.d/exim too, and choose the right
config file at start.

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br
http://wecanstopspam.org

  The master programmer moves from program to program without fear. No change
in management can harm him. He will not be fired, even if the project is
cancelled. Why is this? He is filled with Tao.
						The Tao Of Programing