mini/micro ATX w/ PCI

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on very small ATX form factor Linux based machines? I'm looking to put debian on an x86 compatible architecture. I'd like (2) PCI slots arranged so that the PCI cards are parallel with the main (small) motherboard.

I intend to build a few custom routers (10-30), so any serial(T1) cards or experience getting T1 cards to work in a mini/micro ATX package is most welcome. I have used Sangoma, Imagestream and several other T1 cards, but,it's always a pain finding small form factor hardware.. I'd like something small, portable, and with a 12VDC power supply (am I dreaming or what?). I see "VIA" everywhere, but, I do not have any experience with this chipset, to build a router.

Maybe someone knows of an OEM router that runs linux, where you actually get access to the kernel, sources, etc, so you can build/customize from scratch, a router that is actually pleasurable to install and manage..... Obviously, Cisco and I have parted ways....

What I hope to find is a small, highly portable, router, that runs linux and make the sources
available.

All ideas are welcome.

James