Re: 802.11b cards

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 21:01, Blars Blarson wrote:
> I'm considering getting a wireless card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron
> 8200) running Debian unstable.  Cardbus/pcmcia would be best, but it
> also has usb, firewire, and an availabe mini-pci slot.  What currently
> available reasonably priced cards work with linux?

Dell's TrueMobile 1150 (available as MiniPCI fitting in your notebook)
or PC-Card is Agere/Orinoco chip based and works like a charm with
Linux.

Keep your fingers from all other Dell TrueMobile cards (1180, 1300,
1400). They are Broadcom based and thus no driver support on Linux.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot se
--
All I know is what the words know, and dead things, and that
makes a handsome little sum, with a beginning and a middle and