Re: x troubles on hp omnibook 4100

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 07:08:17PM -0500, Tony Godshall wrote:
> According to Rob,
> > On Sunday 24 August 2003 06:54 pm, Matt Price wrote:

> > > connecting a random USB mouse to the USB port, but even though the
> > > config includes a second "generic mouse" in the server setup
> > > (identical to the mouse setup on my desktop, which is where I pulled
> > > the mouse in questio from), I couldn't get it to work.  Did you have
> > > to do anything fancy with the mice, like set up devices or something?
> > >

> > I usually use a ps/2 mouse, but the touch pad and the stick mouse both
> > work fine(as do all the buttons) with the config that was created by
> > debconfig. I haven't tried to set USB up in the kernel yet, so I don't
> > know if I can help there.

thanks folks -- the problem was that usb wasn't set up, as rob's post
suggested.  It's been so long since I used a stock kernel I'd
forgotten to set it up myself!  found a ps/2 mouse lying around and it
works great.  Will wait to set up t\usb mouse/keyboard support 'till I
feel more confident about working with pcmcia, since I hate messing
with my ethernet connection.

thanks thanks!
matt