Re: Configuring iwconfig?

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 21:06, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> What's the best way to make iwconfig remember its settings (essid, key,
> et c.) across a reboot? I'd like to have my wireless card connect on
> startup, but it won't until I feed it the WEP settings and such. It's a
> mini-PCI card, so pcmcia options won't work.

Debian uses the great little ifup/down scripts for handling network
interfaces. Take a look at /etc/network/interfaces and check "man
interfaces" and "man iwconfig". You can pass iwconfig options to the
ifup/down scripts including WEP keys, etc. If you set the "auto" flag
for that particular device, it should automatically start up, configure
itself, and connect at bootup.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837