backlight still on was Re: What is ACPI, exactly?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 06:48:44PM +0000, Calum Mackay wrote:
> Try: 	xset dpms force off

I've been half following this thread because I too am still trying to
figure out all the things that ACPI can do (my laptop doesn't seem to
support much of the things it should support). One of the things that
doesn't work is the screen turning off completely.

When I try the command above, the backlight is still on. Is there any way
that I can fix this? I don't really know what xset is controlled
by/installed with--it's X, so probably XFree86? I'm running a 2.4.22 kernel.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]