Re: Wireless driver clobbers X (was: Re: your mail)

thanks your e-mail,

since after i installed wireless driver, it seemed to me it became
unstable ... i start as single user mode ...by the way i'm using testing
version, and take out kdm, gdm ... then when i did startx or X, noting
show up, XFree86.0.log is following ...

thanks,

ryoji

<quote who="s. keeling">
> Incoming from Ryoji Takahashi:
>> after i've got wireless driver for my latitude D600,it became unstable
>> and now
>> X is dead ... i've downloaded intel driver ... it works for my laptop
>> though.  Why
>> it affects X environment ?  does some has any idea?
>
> Why do you think it's caused by the wireless driver?  Do you have
> errors in /var/log/XFree86.0.log that you're not showing us?  Also,
> please give us enough information about your situation to try to track
> it down: stable, testing, unstable?  What happens when you try to fire
> up X?  Is this while using kdm, gdm, or xdm?  Have you tried disabling
> those and just trying startx?
>

> --
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
> (*)               http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling
> - -
>

> --

Ryoji Takahashi

LSU Capital,
Center for Computation and Technology (CCT)
3rd Floor
Frey Computing Services Center
Baton Rouge, LA 70803

Office: 225/578-6868