Re: How does one control fans?

If it doesn't show up more than the critical trip point, your system probably
does not support more than the "critical" shutdown. This could mean that your
fans are hardware controlled. I don't know if it can also mean, that the
Linux ACPI drivers are not working for your system yet.

I have the same problem, but I don't have Windows on the laptop to compare,
whether the fan is supposed to turn off.