Re: cpufreq question

Mattia Dongili schrieb:

> can you provide the full output of cpufreq-info in both cases?

It needed some time but here it is:

with ac:
$ cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 0.2: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004
Report errors and bugs to linux@brodo.de, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: p4-clockmod
  CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0
  hardware limits: 213 MHz - 1.70 GHz
  available frequency steps: 213 MHz, 425 MHz, 638 MHz, 850 MHz, 1.06
GHz, 1.28GHz, 1.49 GHz, 1.70 GHz
  available cpufreq governors: userspace, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 425 MHz and 646 MHz.
                  The governor "performance" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 638 MHz.

without ac:
$ cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 0.2: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004
Report errors and bugs to linux@brodo.de, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: p4-clockmod
  CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0
  hardware limits: 75.0 MHz - 600 MHz
  available frequency steps: 75.0 MHz, 150 MHz, 225 MHz, 300 MHz, 375
MHz, 450 MHz, 525 MHz, 600 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: userspace, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 522 MHz and 600 MHz.
                  The governor "performance" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 600 MHz.

in /var/log/messages with ac:
Oct  2 13:19:49 localhost kernel: Detected 1694.699 MHz processor.

in /var/log/messages without ac:
Oct  2 13:51:02 localhost kernel: Detected 598.174 MHz processor.

For me it looks like something what happens before the Debian kernel
starts. I think i've got to look further in my bios.
Does anyone have another idea?