Re: Freezing, SMP Kernel and P4

To change the default Sessions manager type "updates-alternatives --config w-session-manager" as root and then select the startkde option and press enter.  I change KDE to my default sessions manager on all of my computers.  As for the other problems, SMP is only needed for your processor if it supports HyperThreading.  If it does, and you turn it on using a SMP kernel, you will appear to have 2 processors.  If you do not see 2 processors, you do not need SMP.  You mentioned full filesystems,  the output of "df -h" would help if you emailed this to the list.

Robert