Re: problems with fan after resume

On 3/18/07, Paolo <oopla@users.sf.net> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 05:16:02PM +0100, Dot Deb wrote:
>       When resumed after suspend-to-ram, my laptop comes up with fan
>       always "on". This makes working quite hard without gloves. While

do you have the acpi-support pkg installed?
	Yes, I do.
	But I'm not sure it is used because I also installed
		kpowersave/powersaved/uswsusp
	and I think that this overrides the use of acpi-support. Am I
	correct?

	However, I do not really need kpowersave etc., I use gnome as
	desktop manager but th gnome power management support caused me
	other problems (that I do not remember now).

	This is to say that I'm ready to move to any other
	pawermanagement support, provided it works!