Re: Compaq Presario F572US

On 8/24/07, Robert Gomulka <r.gom1977@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/24/07, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:54:29 -0600
> > "Robert Gomulka" <r.gom1977@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > - with ndiswrapper I have to manually modprobe ndiswrapper/ifup wlan0
> >
> > Put 'ndiswrapper' in /etc/modules, and an appropriate stanza
> > in /etc/network/interfaces (along with the line 'auto wlan0' or
> > similar).
> >
> > > Regards,
> > > Robert
> >
> > Celejar
> > --
> Thanks for your info. I have tried it at the beginning. However with
> automatic module loading my network led was on regardless of position
> of mechanical switch, that's why I have choosen manual insertion.
> The ideal solution would be automatic detection of hardware switch and
> enabling/disabling interface appropriately.
>
> Best regards,
> Robert

Some further info.
1. After searching google it looks like ndiswrapper can't control wlan
led - I assume it can't be controlled by wlan switch.
2. About special keys. Some of the work after choosing Compaq Armada
in KDE control center as keyboard model. Those include:
- help
- mute
- vol up/down
Which work through other methods (ACPI,...)
- brightness up
- brightness down
Which does seem not to work:
- fn + f2 (indicated as print) - state 0x4, keycode 33 (keysym 0x70,
p), same_screen YES,
- fn + f3 (indicated as www) - state 0x0, keycode 178 (keysym 0x0,
NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
- fn + f4 (indicated as rectangle and two lines) - it should probably
switch either panoramic switch or external tv - no keycode generated
- fn + f5 (indicated as moon) - should invoke standby - state 0x0,
keycode 223 (keysym 0x1008ff10, XF86Standby), same_screen YES,
- fn + f6 (indicated as lock) - state 0x0, keycode 146 (keysym 0x0,
NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
- fn + f9-f12 (indicated as play,pause,stop...) - state 0x0, keycode
162 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES (for one of the keys)

Some of them would be useful :)
Hotkey-setup loads hp.hk keyboard config:
+ . /usr/share/hotkey-setup/hp.hk
++ setkeycodes e001 148
++ setkeycodes e008 193
++ setkeycodes e009 236
++ setkeycodes e00a 152
++ setkeycodes e00c 213
++ setkeycodes e00e 226
++ setkeycodes e031 138
++ setkeycodes e059 138

By the way, what is the difference between hotkeys and hotkey-setup?
The further is described as a daemon, but I can't find it on my
process list.

My current linux kernel switches are: "noapic irqpoll". The second was
added because after removing usb mouse and attaching it again it
stopped working with some "irq nobody cared" message and callstack.

Suspend to ram works somehow - set up in KDE, however I don't know
which util is used for that.
laptop-mode-tools also seems to work - after deattaching power it
shows 2h 30min. (about) working time in opposite to previous 1:30
(approx, before installing and configuring the tool).

That's all for now :)

Regards,
Robert