Re: HP M820 CD-writer.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:24:27PM EDT, Christopher White wrote:
> You might try adding "pci=routeirq" to the kernel command line. I have
> no idea if it would work here, but it fixed the mysterious failure of my
> wireless card after the last kernel update, and it's something to try.
>
> Christopher White

[..]

Tried it right away.

Unfortunately it didn't work..

But thanks much for suggesting it.

I'll upgrade the linux kernel just in case and if I still can't get it
to work, I will have to look into buying whatever hardware is supposed
to be supported.

I don't have any other means of doing backups at this time and this
situation is becoming really scary.

Thanks,
cga