Re: postinstallation: drive_cmd: seek complete error

Martin,

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:17:19 +0100, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> On Monday 07 January 2008 13:00:04 Franklin Piat wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:44:48 +0100, Martin Wegmann wrote:
>> > I installed debian (netinstall) on a T61 Thinkpad which worked fine
>> > until I booted my system after the installation.
>> Did you installed Etch or Testing ?
> testing netinstall, but I will try it again with the CD-1 of testing.

This should be fine.

>> > The monitor turns blank after a few seconds and the system did not
>> > respond anymore. It tooks me a few reboots to read the last error
>> > message.
>> Can you boot in single-user mode ?
> yes, but problem remains

So it's not due to Xorg.

I guess you have a T61 with an Nvidia graphic. Can you tell me what's your
T61 "type" (it's written on the laptop's sticker).

Can you try to boot with kernel parameter "vga=1" or "vga=871".

>> What graphic adapter do have (Intel or Nvidia) ?
>> $ lspci -nn | grep -E "(VGA|Display)"
>
> all these commands are not possible because after this error messages my
> system does not respond anymore.

of course ;)

Franklin