Re: GNU License and Computer Break Ins

> The entirety of http://www.gnu.org/manual/ddd/html_mono/ddd.html is
> _not_ the license of GDB.
>
> GDB's license is just the GPL, specifically, it is the section marked
> "Note: License" on that page.
>
> The text you quotes is not part of the license, and so it's not legally
> binding. It's just an explination of the GPL, which allows you to copy
> any GPL'd program you find.

What is legally binding is neither the text I quoted nor the text to
which you refer.  Rather, it is the interpretation of the text to which
you refer (and possibly other documents) by a judge of competent
jurisdiction (or a similar decision maker).

To my knowledge, there has been no such interpretation.  So, I turn to
the next best thing:  an interpretation in the text that accompanies the
license.  I don't think this makes me silly.  Can you point me to an
interpretation that is any closer to the source?

Specifically, that interpretation says that a user may, without
authorization, take my computer resources, and I think this goes way too
far.

Paul Serice