Re: Second thoughts (was Re: is kde and kde app source debian-legally distributable?)

--On Thu, Dec 3, 1998 11:24 pm -0500 "Raul Miller" <rdm@test.legislate.com>
wrote:

> Then again: the restriction where Troll must be able to use modified
> versions of Qt in a proprietary fashion conflicts with the GPL.
>
> Oh well...

Only if the modified version is released under the QPL.  Which is not
required.

So you can, in fact, modify Qt and release the modification under any
license you choose.  The only reason you wouldn't do this, and would in fact
release your mods under the QPL, is so that the mods can be folded in the
main Qt tree.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Debian GNU/Linux - "Microsoft *does* have a year 2000 problem -     |
|                      and we're it!" (paraphrased from IRC)           |