Re: Set Theory (was Re: Considering packaging: Microsoft Web Font pack)

john@dhh.gt.org <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> Therefor a set is a subset of itself [1]. Therefor the "font pack"
> cannot be distributed at all by anyone but Microsoft, since that would
> constitute distributing a subset.

You've got something backwords.  Microsoft is >>giving<< people permission
to include fonts in documents.

They've also given permission for verbatim distribution.

As it happens, our mechanism for verbatim distribution looks an
awful lot like a mechanism for document distribution, which is
both ironic and silly.

--
Raul