Re: Zope Public License

Have you seen the revised version of the Zope Public License
(http://www.zope.org/License/ZPL) ? Appearently, they are aware of the
problem with the adverting and attribution clauses and try to refine their
license to make it more accepted (the changelog is on
http://www.zope.org/License), only that I'm afraid that their
modifications are completely irrelevant to the legal content of the
license:

E.g.

3. Any use, including use of the Zope software to operate a website,
   must either comply with the terms described below under
   "Attribution" or alternatively secure a separate license from
   Digital Creations.  **Digital Creations will not unreasonably
   deny such a separate license in the event that the request
   explains in detail a valid reason for withholding attribution.**

The last sentence (framed by the stars) was added since the last version
of the license. Still I doubt it has any relevance in such a legal
document, not ?

Is anybody here in contact with them over the license ? I guess they are
getting feedback to zope-license@zope.org since they changed the license,
and I guess they are in contact with OSI, but maybe a polite statement by
Debian would be needed, too.

Any ideas how they could rearrange their license so that it fits the DFSG
while still establishing Zope a brand ?

I'd volunteering to contact them with Debian's POV wrt ZPL if nobody else
has done yet.

	Gregor