Re: Your petition to GPL Qt

Kevin Forge writes:
> The authors of the apps KDE has "adopted" haven't been complaining
> either.

They could at any time.  Sun and BSDI may be willing to assume that
infringement is ok as long as they can get away with it.  We aren't.  We
have told our CD vendors that they need never fear getting a letter from a
lawyer as a consequence of pressing Debian CD's.  We intend to keep that
promise.

> Exactly my point.  Your argument puts Free OSs as some kind of second
> class citizen.

The system library exception was a compromise made necessary by the absence
of free os's and libraries.  We are past that now.  It is the proprietary
os's that must lean on the crutch of the exception that are the second
class citizens.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)