Re: license query

Hamish Moffatt quotes:
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and   *
 * its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby         *
 * granted,...

> I think the only problem is that it's not clear if the program can
> be distributed as part of collection which IS charged for...

Perhaps they meant that you need not pay a fee to them, but I can easily
read it as "you may not charge a fee".

> I'll have to check that we can distribute modified versions too.

It does say "use, copy, modify, and distribute".  Since the unrestricted
right to copy includes the right to make partial copies, that should
suffice.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)