Re: tex4ht - Debian package (fwd)

** Please trim the recipient list as appropriate. **

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 04:35:44PM +0000, Andrew Gray wrote:
> Basically, he would like a licence
> like that for the Knuth TeX programs themselves.

Basically, the Knuth TeX programs are in public domain, but the name is
trademarked.

>          tex4ht.c                            1999-01-26-20-02
>          Copyright (C) 1996--99 Eitan M. Gurari
>
>          This program is free software; you can redistribute
>          it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU
>          General Public License as published by the Free
>          Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
>          License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
>          However, if you modify this program, you must also
>          modify its signature or its name. Changes to the
>          signature can be introduced with a directive of the
>          form
>               #define PLATFORM "signature"
>
>          This program is distributed in the hope that it
>          will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without
>          even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
>          FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
>          General Public License for more details.
>
>          gurari@cis.ohio-state.edu
>          http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn.html

It looks OK to me.  However, license issues belong to debian-legal, not
debian-mentors, so I'm crossposting.

	Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho A7 <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **