Re: lprng license

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> I think you're obfuscating the meaning of that phrase.  To me, it is
> clear that he means that you can use the GNU GPL if you don't need to
> incorporate LPRng into a commercial product.

As long as we don't have to be able to uphold our interpretation, I'd
agree that this is probably what the author meant and what he *thinks*
he's written.

However, it's so badly and ambiguously expressed (e.g., all things
being equal, the phrase "the GNU software license" could refer to GPL
or LGPL or something third) that I think the package maintainer
should contact the author and ask for clarification.

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm