Re: LaTeX Project Public License

> I see no way to comply with this.  How can I possibly guarantee that
> someone downstream from me will not change the name back?

This is not a new clause, it has been the standard latex conditions for
some years.

Unlike GPL software which forces derivatives to be under exactly GPL,
The LPPL is rather more flexible, you can distribute derivatives under
any licence you like, so long as this main clause is maintained.
If you want to issue a derivative under a different licence, you could
for instance just say explicitly ... this software distributed under
the conditions of xxxx ... and in addition subject to the constraint
that no derivatives of this software are given the filenames of the
original source files for this code which were released under LPPL
these: are x y z.

David