Re: where is this licence going ?

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 18:50:16 +0900, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:
> I have 2 documentation files which are having this copyright:

> Copyright (C) 1998 Mario Motta
> Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies if this
> manual provided that the copyright notice and this permission notice are
> preserved in all copies.
> Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions, including
> translations in other languages, of this manual under the conditions for
> verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulted work is distributed
> under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one and if
> translated must be stated in a translation approuved by Mario Motta.

[Someone should translate "approuved" to "approved" here]

This is a variant of the copyright/permission notice the FSF uses, which is
considered free.

E.g. /usr/info/bison.info.gz:
:   Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
:manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
:preserved on all copies.
:
:   Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of
:this manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided also that
:the sections entitled "GNU General Public License" and "Conditions for
:Using Bison" are included exactly as in the original, and provided that the
:entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a
:permission notice identical to this one.
:
:   Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this
:manual into another language, under the above conditions for modified
:versions, except that the sections entitled "GNU General Public License",
:"Conditions for Using Bison" and this permission notice may be included in
:translations approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the
:original English.

HTH,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks