Re: Apple Public Source License

"J.H.M. Dassen" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

	   http://www.publicsource.apple.com/apsl.html

Apple is claiming that this is an Open Source license.  However, it is
not:

1. It has a termination clause similar to the IBM Secure Mailer
   license.  (I'm not sure that this is actually an Open Source
   requirement, but it's certainly a Bad Thing.)

2. Clause 2.2c requires anyone making modifications to the source code
   to tell Apple about it.

I think that, as a result, we should tell Apple that they need to
either change the license, or stop calling it an Open Source license
when it isn't.