Modification of reference material

Hi,

I maintain some HTML and CSS references in HTML and other formats [1].  The
current usage guidelines [2] prevent inclusion of the references in the
main Debian distribution, but I would like to correct this by issuing new
guidelines for using the references.

I don't mind having the references freely redistributable, but I have
concerns about allowing modification, as required by the DFSG (assuming
that software guidelines should be applied to reference material).  In the
past, some people have copied the references to their Web sites and altered
them to include ad banners or a company logo, which I find somewhat
offensive when the content is otherwise unchanged.  Altered versions have
also taken our valid HTML and made it invalid HTML, which I feel is a bad
example for any HTML reference.

I'm looking for advice on how to overcome these concerns and allow the
references to be included in the main Debian distribution.

[1] http://www.htmlhelp.com/distribution/
[2] http://www.htmlhelp.com/distribution/guidelines/

--
Liam Quinn