Re: TAO & omniORB license clarification

Hi,

If someone hasn't done so already, then I'll submit a bug report for
the OmniORB Debian package regarding the below Sun License/non-free
issues.

Thanks to everyone for all the help/comments I received.

-Ossama

On 11 Apr, John Hasler wrote:
 > Ossama Othman writes:
 > > The omniORB Debian package does not ship the Sun `COPYING.CFE'
 > > distribution terms with it.  The Sun distribution terms stipulate that
 > > the distribution terms must be shipped with the distribution.  Doesn't
 > > this mean that COPYING.CFE should go into the omniORB Debian package?
 >
 > It would seem so.
 >
 > And quotes:
 >
 > > You may copy and extend functionality (but may not remove functionality)
 > > of the Interface Definition Language CFE without charge, but you are not
 > > authorized to license or distribute it to anyone else except as part of a
 > > product or program developed by you or with the express written consent
 > > of Sun Microsystems, Inc. ("Sun").
 >
 > Non-free.

Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26