Re: Modification of reference material

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 11:33:13AM +0000, Arnoud 'Galactus' Engelfriet wrote:
> Similarly, the TeX typesetting program
> is public domain, but may only be distributed as TeX if the program passes a
> certain test. Are these licenses considered free?

Name change requirement is OK.  Certainly Mozilla and TeX are free
software (although I personally would tell people not to use either
license, but that's just me).

BTW, TeX is not in the public domain.  Its license is quite hard to
decipher, although it is generally considered free.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho A7 <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

                       The FAQ is your friend.
                            Trust the FAQ.