Re: Corel's apt frontend

From: Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> > These are Corel's attorneys, right?

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 10:56:20AM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:
> No. Pamela Samuelson, Cyberlaw instructor at Berkeley and notable
> speaker on free software law. Mitchell Baker, head of Mozilla and also
> an attorney.
>
> They are on our side, and they are not as sanguine on this issue as
> you are.
>
> If it were Corel's attorneys, I'd simply consult a non-Corel attorney
> Ibefore believed them. That was not the case here.

Ok.

I'll still take the stance that because this hasn't gone to court
that we don't know what the courts will decide.

And, since fair use can be a bit of a slippery concept this makes
sense to me.

But I stand by what I've been saying so far: that the issue of
what files the instructions are stored in is a red herring: the
questions are fair use issues, not storage format issues.

--
Raul