Re: Open Content Licence is non-free?

* "Joey" == Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

[ opencontent license ]

Joey> The license is DFSG complient unless one of the two optional
Joey> clauses at the end are invoked. The text that references the
Joey> opencontent license will say if one of those terms is enabled,
Joey> they are off by default.

Hi,

this is encouraging, but which two clauses do you refer to?

The package (Linux Administrator's Security Guide by Kurt Seifried)
uses these terms:

  The OpenContent (OC) is defined as the set of webpages comprising
  the "Linux Administrator's Security Guide" (located at
  http://www.securityportal.com/lasg/) or the daily tarball snapshot
  of said webpages, usually called lasg-snapshot.tar.gz. The
  OpenContent license is available from http://www.opencontent.org/.

  LICENSE

  Terms and Conditions for Copying, Distributing, and Modifying

  [ remainder as in http://www.opencontent.org/opl.shtml ]

I don't see any optional clauses at
http://www.opencontent.org/opl.shtml ... <confused>

Ciao,
	Martin

PS: Thanks for the Cc:, I forgot to mention that I am not subscribed
:-)