license conflicts?

	I'm attempting to package RAToolSet, which is a backend for an
internet routing registry database.  I don't believe this project was a
for-profit endevor, nor do I believe the authors are aware of the
restrictions of redistributing binaries that occurs because of the mix
of their licensed code with GPL'd code.  I'm trying to formulate a request
to the copyright holders to re-release DFSG free, but I don't know what
exactly is the problem, or how to diplomatically let them know the license
is a pain.
	I've attached the copyright notice for the prospective debian
package for your convienience.  I'm not subscribed to debian-legal, so
please cc me on replies.
						thanks,
						Robert
--
talby@trap.mtview.ca.us		| "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled
finger for pgp key		| with /etc/sendmail.cf, "It never
				| does quite what I want. I wish
				| Christopher Robin was here."
This package was debianized by Robert Stone <talby@debian.org> on
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:03:57 -0800.

It was downloaded from ftp://ftp.isi.edu/ra/RAToolSet/RAToolSet-4.4.0.tar.gz

RtConfig	Author(s): Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz@ISI.EDU>
roe		Author(s): Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz@ISI.EDU>,
			Curtis L. Olson <curt@sledge.mn.org>,
			WeeSan Lee <wlee@ISI.EDU>
aoe		Author(s): WeeSan Lee <wlee@ISI.EDU>,
			Curtis L. Olson <curt@sledge.mn.org>
prpath		Author(s): Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz@ISI.EDU>,
			John Mehringer <mehringe@usc.edu>
peval		Author(s): Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz@ISI.EDU>
CIDRAdvisor	Author(s): Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz@ISI.EDU>,
			John Mehringer <mehringe@isi.edu>
ptraceroute	Author(s): Rusty Eddy <eddy@isi.edu>,
			John Mehringer <mehringe@isi.edu>,
			zab@grumblesmurf.net
library Author(s):
	Doug Lea <dl@rocky.oswego.edu>,
	Marc Shapiro <shapiro@sor.inria.fr>,
	Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz@ISI.EDU>,
	WeeSan Lee <wlee@ISI.EDU>,
	Cengiz Alaettinoglu <ca@cs.umd.edu>,
	Ramesh Govindan,
	Rusty Eddy <eddy@isi.edu>

Copyright:
Bits here and there fall under GPL, see /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
Other bits here and there fall under BSD, see /usr/share/common-licenses/BSD

 Copyright (c) 1994 by the University of Southern California
 and/or the International Business Machines Corporation.
 All rights reserved.

 Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
 documentation in source and binary forms for lawful non-commercial
 purposes and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
 copyright notice appear in all copies and that both the copyright
 notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation,
 and that any documentation, advertising materials, and other materials
 related to such distribution and use acknowledge that the software was
 developed by the University of Southern California, Information
 Sciences Institute. The name of the USC may not be used to endorse or
 promote products derived from this software without specific prior
 written permission.

 THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DOES NOT MAKE ANY
 REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE FOR ANY
 PURPOSE.  THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
 IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
 WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
 TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.

 IN NO EVENT SHALL USC, OR ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY
 SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT,
 OR OTHER FORM OF ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE USE
 OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.