Re: MMIX license OK for main?

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 11:02:21AM +0000, Mike Goldman wrote:
> > Well, it *does* address the issue of modified works.  Either call it something
> > other than MMIXware, or distribute pristine source plus patches.
>
> Where does it say anything about distributing modified works?  It just
> says that modification is allowed...

It says distribution is allowed.  It says modification is allowed (subject to
conditions stated).  You cannot distribute modified source if you call it MMIXware,
but you can distribute pristine source, and you can distribute patches.  Or are you
referring to:

> And what about the binaries?

I agree that binaries, modified or not, are a question.  I will investigate this
question as well as I can, but if anyone can get hold of Donald Knuth directly and
obtain clarification, it may be helpful.