Re: mutt no longer in non-us?

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 04:56:27PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 14:36:56 -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
>> The Debian mutt package also continues to ignore the wishes of mutt's
>> upstream authors, who do belive mutt contains crypto hooks, and who only
>> make the version available from outside the US for that reason.

> Mutt's current primary upstream developer, Thomas Roessler, is in .de;
> Michael Elkins (mutt's original author, based in .us) is no longer an active
> developer.

It's the mutt authors' practice, if not their explicit wish.  The mutt
README file says:

: Mirror sites for the pgp-enabled version of mutt can be
: found at the following places:
[List of .at, .au, .de, .fr, .hr, .no, .pl, .uk ftp sites]

Something else I've been wondering about for a while: the situation is
similar for glibc-crypt, which the glibc developers distribute from Europe.

	-Paul <kimoto@lightlink.com>