Re: Fwd: Re: mutt no longer in non-us?

On 1999-11-19 11:39:14 -0600, Jeremy Blosser forwarded a message
from debian-legal to me.  In it, JHM Dassen wrote:

> Thomas is a Debian user; I have seen no indication he's against the
> current mutt in main.

Frankly, I don't really care about this.

The Debian project will have to decide itself whether it can include
the PGP-enabled mutt with the global version of the distribution.
When pondering this decision, you should keep in mind that your
decision _may_ affect maintainers of FTP mirrors in countries like
the US, publishers of CD versions of Debian, etc.

The most conservative and prudent solution would certainly be to
ship the castrated version of mutt with the main distribution, and
to put mutt-i into non-us.

The Debian project may wish to spend some money on a legal opinion
from a lawyer specialized on such issues.