Re: is this free?

Joey Hess writes:

> This license is said to be OSI certified Open Source, but I'd like a second
> opinion. It's too much legalese for me to deal with this morning:
>
> http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/license/

Who said that was OSI certified?  It seems unlikely and counterintuitive
to me, and it's not listed in OSI's current Approved Licenses list.

It looks like a really cool package, but I think it's only semi-free.

The OSI does worry about export restrictions as license conditions; that
was a problem with the original Apple Public Source License.  There is
still some controversy about that license, but the OSI got Apple to remove
the export-restriction language from the license entirely.

     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/    | have leisure; for perhaps you will
     http://www.loyalty.org/   (CAF)    | not have leisure.  -- Pirke Avot 2:5