Re: is this free?

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 07:13:25PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:
> It's DFSG-compliant as far as I can tell. I went through several passes with
> them.

it discriminates against people without regular internet access.

Also, it effectively requires a fee for use, unless you consider the
time of the person who uses it to have no value.  [same issue.]

Then again, maybe there's nothing wrong with open source software which
has a usage fee?  After all, there's no specific language prohibiting that
(as long as the software can be distributed for free).  [Which is to say,
if this license is Open Source then software which requires a usage fee
should also be considered Open Source.]

--
Raul