Re: Corel Lawsuit

On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 02:36:29AM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> This is a test.  Some day there will be even bigger companies with even
> more investment in free software (no offense intended, Corel).  Some of
> those companies will have multi-million-dollar law firms (or bigger) with
> lots of really experienced intellectual property lawyers, some of whom may
> feel that free software is ridiculous and that most of our public licenses
> are invalid.  Think you can keep those firms there, contributing real free
> software under real free software licenses, and resolving your differences
> and misunderstanding without litigation, even if you personally don't like
> or don't trust those companies?

Yeah,

Looking over the license agreement, it's pretty clear that Corel is mostly
concerned over some of their own software, and that the "minors clause"
doesn't affect redistribution of GPLed software.

And, frankly, the licenses on a lot of our software (BSD, X, etc.)  allows
for much more proprietary handling than anything Corel has proposed.

--
Raul