Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

Peter S Galbraith writes:

> Seth David Schoen wrote:
>
> > Henning Makholm writes:

> > > Note that you won't be able to include any GPLed software in your
> > > distribution if you want to make restrictions about how and when
> > > other people or corporations are allowed to redistribute it.
> >
> > Where does the GPL say that?  I can give you several examples of distributors
> > who have made this their regular practice.
>
> ?
>
> If you don't own the code that is GPLed, you can't relicense it
> under a different license.  How could you then use `a license
> that prohibits putzen like those at Corel from pulling the sort
> of nonsense they've been pulling' if the GPL allows it?

Depends on how that's accomplished.  If it's a license for the entire
distribution as a whole, it should be possible.  That's what I was
assuming: a EULA for the distribution.

If it's a matter of relicensing GPLed code to forbid the use of EULAs,
at all, then no, it's presumably not allowed. :-)