Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being

Jeffry_Smith@harvardpilgrim.org writes:

> In terms of the GPL, the consideration I have always used is that I
> gain the knowledge of any modifications you make, if you provide the
> software to anyone.

The GPL does not contain any "if you distribute to anyone you must
distribute to the author" clause.

Such a clause would not be DFSG-free according to the most common
interpretation of the DFSG.

--
Henning Makholm                              "I consider the presence of the
                                      universe to be a miracle. The universe