license for iozone

I had further corespondence with the author of iozone, trying to get a
more defined explinationg of the license restrictions for his program, i
got the following response.

> The following is the only license that Iozone contains:
>
> "License to freely use and distribute this software is hereby granted
> by the author, subject to the condition that this copyright notice remains
> intact.
> The author retains the exclusive right to publish derivative works based on
> this
> work, including, but not limited to, revised versions of this work."
>
> This grants anyone the right to freely distribute or sell Iozone as long
> as the copyright remains intact and the authors of Iozone are free to
> publish
> derivative works from Iozone in the future.
> This is to prevent Iozone from being subsumed into a product, then
> copyrighted in such a way as to prevent future releases of Iozone. If
> someone modifies Iozone and releases the source back to the world
> then this license permits the authors of Iozone to include the enhancements
> in the future releases of Iozone.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don Capps

This sounds like its DFSG complient to me, if nobody disagrees ill go
ahead and make a package with the above quotation as the stated license.

Then ill look for a sponsor for it....

Does this sound ok ?

Thanks

Glenn McGrath