Re: IMAPD license problem?

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Raul Miller wrote:
> Of course, if the requirements are so pervasive that they can't be
> satisfied by personal action on the part of the package maintainer,
> we can just drop the package.  But I do not see, at the moment, that
> these requirements can't be satisfied by the package maintainer (Jaldhar
> H. Vyas).

What about the companies building their own distros on top of Debian?  Do
they need to obtain permission from UW if they modify the IMAPD package?

Asking permission might not be onerous at all; it's that you have to do
it (with the implication that they might say "no", even if you live up to
the published requirements) that feels like cognitive dissonance to me.

	Brian