Re: orphaning fetchmail

Okay, I'll spell it out.  Rewriting BSDL'd stuff with the GPL is one of
the things that really gets in the BSD community's craw.  Basically they
take it as an "embrace and extend" move by the FSF.  It's rather ironic
coming from me, but can't we all just forget the BSD/GPL bullshit for once
and just deal with extension of free software, no matter what the
license?  If you want to propose projects to rewrite software, why waste
the effort by rewriting what's already free when there's LOADS of non-free
software out there that could use a political rewrite?  In fact, I'd say
that THERE is the worthwhile project: rewrite non-free into DFSG free
licenses.  Debian is committed to extension of DFSG free software, OpenSSL
is under the BSDL, so it's already DFSG free--no extension is gained by
rewriting it, so therefore it's outside the scope of the commitment.

--
Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a
damn.