Re: CCPL-by

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004, Fedor Zuev wrote:
> The problem is that many US copyrighed works do not have [legally
> recognized] authors at all.

They all have authors, and they all are legally recognized. If you're
not a legal entity, you can't be an author or a copyright holder by
definition.

> Author != copyright holder and firms and corporations cannot have
> moral rights according the most of European copyright laws.

What you're attempting to get at is the difference in copyright laws
and the application of moral rights to "works for hire." I personally
am not certain how "works for hire" interact with moral rights, but I
would suspect that they are slightly different for every country that
has a concept of a work for hire and moral rights.

Regardless, in the US (and I would suspect most other jurisdictions)
the concept of a work for hire is well formed in legislation, and
generally well explored through multiple litigations.

Don Armstrong

--
Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Jules Bean

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu