Re: The QPL licence

Scripsit Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org>

> "Choice of Law

> This license is governed by the Laws of the Netherlands. Disputes shall
> be settled by Amsterdam City Court."

> I'm not particularly familiar with these clauses, but isn't the second
> sentence a choice of venue?  It doesn't feel free.

Neither does it to me. It seems to me that it means that if the author
for some reason decides to sue me for breach of license, I have to go
to Amsterdam to protest my innocense.

If all it said was that if I want to sue the author (for what?), then
I must go to Amsterdam, then it would be fine with me.

--
Henning Makholm            "We can hope that this serious deficiency will be
                      remedied in the final version of BibTeX, 1.0, which is