Re: mass bug filing for unmet dependencies (Was: firmware status for eagle-usb-*)

Andreas Barth writes:

> * Michael Poole (mdpoole@troilus.org) [041028 07:25]:
> > [...]
>
> I hope you don't really mean it.

I don't really mean it.  I think when the "dependency" is across some
hard interface like the PCI bus, a serial port, or a network, it is
none of Debian's business.

As far as I can tell, the arguments that a driver depends on firmware
apply equally well to those programs that talk across some
communications link to another program.  If the general conclusion is
that the driver depends on firmware, I would like to know what makes
the packages I listed different.

Michael Poole