Re: mono and moonlight distribution method make me worried.

Steve Langasek wrote at 19:58 (EDT) on Sunday:

> we don't consider the existence of a software patent claim to be a
> sufficient reason to remove software from main.

Well said.  There are so many USA patents, if you tried to remove every
piece of software from main that might be judged to practice the
teachings of some patent, you'd do a *lot* of removing.

Nevertheless, possible patents on Mono and what Novell/Microsoft's
strategy is with regard to releasing this software is something to watch
and be concerned about.
--

   -- bkuhn